Saturday, October 6, 2007

Massa says error cost him shot at pole

Felipe Massa blamed a mistake at Turn 11 for costing him the chance of pole position for the Chinese Grand Prix.

The Brazilian had been at the top of the timesheets after the first runs of Q3 but slipped to third after failing to improve on the final runs.

"I did a very good lap on the first run but I lost the car on the second lap," he said. "For sure I felt I was able to fight at the front.

"The car was pretty good but at Turn 11 I came too quick and too aggressive, and I lost the rear. So it was not a good lap on the last set of tyres."

Despite being third, Massa said he was upbeat about his prospects for the race - whether it is wet or dry.

"We start top three so let's see what is going to happen with the weather," he said. "If it is raining we know it is going to be a lottery like in the last race.

"Let's try to be good in the rain tomorrow, just try to be good tomorrow, and have the right car and set up for rain or dry."

Source - http://www.autosport.com

No comments: